The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel is the only clear, concise, comprehensive, definitive, distinctive, cogent, and scientific presentation of the Creative Power of Thought ever formulated by any one person at any one time.
The Master Key System is a system that teaches the ultimate priciples, causes, effects, and laws that underlie all attainment and success. When you want to attain something, The Master Key System will show you how to get it.
Here is a listing of the chapters in The Master Key System along with a list of the concepts and ideas you will learn. Merely by perusing the contents of this awesome book you will see how these ideas can change the world!
Week One: An Introduction to the Master Key System
- Tells upon what possession is based, explains the cause of all gain, explains the cause of loss as well as all other experiences in life.
- It explains how power is secured.
- It tells of a world within and how this world is governed.
- It explains how the solution for every problem in life may be found.
- It tells how practical men and women find the courage, power, hope, enthusiasm, and confidence by which they are given the intelligence and wisdom to make their dreams come true.
- It tells how more efficiency is obtained and retained, and how our future may be placed under our own control instead of being at the mercy of any capricious or uncertain external power.
- It explains the cause of every condition, the reason for every experience, the origin of all power, and why all power is absolutely under our own control.
Week Two: The Basics of Your Mind
- Tells how and why the operations of the mind are carried on by two parallel modes of activity, the one conscious and the other subconscious.
- It explains why the thought processes of the subconscious are the theater of the most important mental phenomena, why ease and perfection depend entirely upon the degree in which we cease to depend upon the consciousness.
- It explains the origin of all great, noble, brilliant thoughts and ideas, why we find ourselves sometimes endowed with tact, instinct, courage, sagacity, and inspiration.
- In fact, it tells of a vast mental storehouse in which ninety percent of our thought processes originate; it explains also how this vast mental storehouse may be placed under the supervision and in the keeping of the conscious mind.
- It tells why those who are familiar with the laws governing in the larger mental domain are enabled to accomplish, to achieve, to become writers, authors, artists, ministers, captains of industry, and why all others must necessarily remain less than ten percent efficient.
Week Three: Realizing Your Mental Resources
- Tells why the necessary action and interaction of the conscious and subconscious minds requires two corresponding systems of nerves.
- It explains how the connection is made between these two systems of nerves.
- It explains and tells of a central point in the body for the distribution of energy.
- How the energy is distributed.
- How the distribution of this energy gives the individual pleasant sensations, how the interruption of this distribution brings discord, inharmony, and lack and limitation of every kind.
- It tells of an arch enemy which must be destroyed, and tells how to destroy it.
- It tells what determines the experiences in life with which we are to meet, and why these experiences are under our own control.
- One enthusiastic student says of this part: “This document in my opinion is the greatest single document beneficial to mankind ever written in the history of the world; it is the first time that I have come into a true understanding of the Silent Powers that dominate and determine one’s success.”
Week Four: Reversing the Process – From Cause to Effect
- This part tells what it is which controls that which you call yourself.
- “You” are not your body; the body is simply the physical instrument which the ego uses to carry out its purpose.
- “You” are not your mind; this is simply another instrument which the ego uses to think, reason, and plan.
- When you say “I go”, you tell the body where to go; when you say “I think”, you tell the mind what to think.
- When you come into a realization of the true nature of the “I” you will enjoy a sense of power which nothing else can give, because you will come to know what you are, who you are, what you want, and how to get it.
Week Five: The Creative Mind
- This part tells how the subconscious processes are continually at work instead of being mere passive recipients of its activity.
- It tells how we may have a vision of the destination to be reached, the dangers and pitfalls to be avoided.
- It tells how “the word has become flesh”, how we are constantly creating and recreating ourselves.
- It tells of a mental home which each of us is building for ourselves, the importance of this home, where the material is secured, the character of the furnishing, how and why many of us need a mental housecleaning in case we wish to realize our ideas.
- It tells of the conditions by which we may come into an inheritance of health, harmony, and prosperity, and the condition is one which demands no sacrifice except the loss of our limitations, our servitudes, and our weaknesses, and costs only the labor of harvesting its great resources.
Week Six: The Brain of Man
- Tells of the unlimited possibilities of the Universal Mind, and explains how this mind is differentiated in form.
- It tells of the most marvelous piece of mechanism which has ever been constructed, and tells how the effect which will be produced depends entirely upon the “mechanism to which it is attached.”
- It tells why we should all become familiar with the mechanism so as to secure the effects which we desire.
- The power to which it can be attached is unlimited, and we can accordingly secure any effect we desire when we become familiar with the mechanism, and understand how to make the proper connections.
- An understanding of this part will enable you to plan courageously and execute fearlessly, because you will have come into a knowledge of the source of all power and this will determine your course in life, bringing you into contact with all that is strongest and best and most desirable.
Week Seven: Utilizing the Omnipotent Power
- This part tells of a method by which you may construct the mould or model from which your future will emerge.
- It tells how you may make it grand and beautiful, it explains that you are not limited as to cost or material, that no one can place any limitation on it but yourself.
- It explains that in the construction of this model there is much work to be done, that no one can do the work but yourself, but it tells you what to do and how to do it, it suggests methods and plans which if faithfully and persistently carried out will result in conditions exactly in accordance with the purpose and thought.
- It tells of millions of faithful helpers which will come to your aid if you are faithful in your work, and it tells why some who are apparently faithfully endeavoring to realize their ideal seem to fail.
- It is sometimes just as important to know what not to do as what to do.
Week Eight: Thought and Its Results
- This part tells of the creative principle of the Universe, what it is, how it takes form and how it is brought into manifestation.
- This principle being the underlying principle of all existence must necessarily be governed by an immutable law.
- It tells how the character, health, and circumstances of the individual are formed, and suggests methods whereby desirable conditions and circumstances may be created.
- It tells how and why and when the material from which your future is to emerge is secured.
- It suggests methods and exercises by which you may secure complete control of the power which governs in this mighty field of action.
- Mighty because it is the most important work which any individual can undertake.
- We are making our future now, today.
- When it comes we shall have to accept what is given.
- It will be too late to change it, but we can dominate, control it, make it what we want it to be.
- This part explains how.
Week Nine: Affirmations and Your Mind
- This part tells of the fundamental principle, the imperative condition, the immutable law underlying every successful business relation or social condition.
- It tells of the law by which you may make yourself irresistible, by which you may sweep away every form of discord, inharmony, and doubt.
- It tells of the secret of the solution to every problem.
- It explains that there are only three things which all mankind requires for its complete happiness and development.
- It tells what they are and how they may be had.
Week Ten: A Certain Definite Cause
- This part tells of the Law of Abundance.
- It shows that Nature has provided an abundance for all, and why some seem to be separated from this supply.
- It tells of a connecting link between the individual and the supply, explains the Law of Attraction, the law by which your “own” is brought to you.
- It tells why every experience in life is the result of this law.
- It tells why and how you attract the things to you which make up the sum total of your existence.
- It tells how you may place yourself in harmony with this law and thereby assist in bringing about desirable conditions in your health, environment, or finances.
- It shows that this Law of Attraction is fundamental and eternal and that there is no escape from the result of its operation.
- A knowledge of this Law is absolutely essential to those desiring to make permanent progress.
Week Eleven: Inductive Reasoning and the Objective Mind
- This part tells of the means by which we have discovered that the infinitely small as well as the infinitely large is in the last analysis nothing but force, motion, life, and mind.
- It tells of the process by which we have become familiar with the vast organization by which we are identified with the complex operations of nature.
- It gives concise directions for making use of the creative power of the Universe, the power by which all things are brought into existence.
- It shows how this marvelous power may be utilized, directed, and made available for the solution of every human problem.
Week Twelve: The Power of Concentration
- This part tells of numerous counterfeits and perversions by which many are led to think that something can be had for nothing.
- There is no royal road to success.
- We must give before we can get; if we cannot give money, we must give service, we must give time and thought.
- The Law of Compensation demands an eye for an eye.
- It tells how we may create the implements by which we may put into operation the laws by which we can gain access to the unlimited resources of Nature.
Week Thirteen: The Dreams of the Dreamer
- This part explains why certain forms of thought often result in disaster and frequently sweep away the result of a lifetime of effort and explains the modern method of thinking and shows how actual, tangible results are thereby secured, and how conditions must change in order to meet the requirements of a changed consciousness.
- It explains the process by which this change is brought about and how we may hasten it.
Week Fourteen: The Creative Power of Thought
- This part explains the source of all Power, Wisdom, and Intelligence, and how we may bring it into harmonious relations in our affairs.
- It shows that those who understand the principle get results in exact accordance with their understanding and their ability to make the proper application.
- This opens up possibilities hitherto undreamed of and by an orderly sequence of law.
- It explains the source of all energy and all substance and the method by which this Universal substance is differentiated into form.
- It explains the nature of electrons and of cells upon which the maintenance of health and life depends.
- It explains how we may bring about radical changes in our life and what the result of such changes must necessarily be.
Week Fifteen: The Law Under Which We Live
- This part explains the Law of Growth, and explains why we cannot obtain if we tenaciously cling to what we have, and that difficulties, inharmonies, and obstacles indicate that we are either refusing to give up what we no longer need, or refusing to accept what we require; we are holding on to worn out and useless material, or we are allowing a deficiency to exist and are not obtaining the material necessary for our growth.
- It explains how the ability to appropriate what we require for our growth is secured.
- It explains how vitality is important to thought, and what determines the importance of words, the vessels in which thought is carried.
- How abundance may be secured and why we must be prepared to assume the responsibility for every thought and action.
- It explains the necessity of Insight, its value in examining facts and conditions at long range and in turning our attention to profitable channels instead of working with problems which contain no possibility of any kind.
Week Sixteen: Gaining Spiritual Understanding
- This part explains the nature of Wealth.
- It shows how it is created and upon what it depends.
- It shows why success is contingent upon an ideal higher than the mere accumulation of riches.
- It shows that success depends upon creative ability and explains the necessary condition for attainment.
- It explains why premature wealth is but the forerunner of humiliation and disaster.
- It explains the methods by which we may take our fate out of the hands of chance, and consciously make for ourselves the conditions which we desire.
- It tells how we may compel success by the utilization of scientific and exact methods, and it explains that while we have the ability to create harmonious and constructive conditions we also have the ability to create inharmonious and destructive conditions, and unfortunately through ignorance of the law, this is what many are doing.
Week Seventeen: Symbols and Reality
- This part tells of the Law of Vibration and why the highest principle necessarily determines the circumstances, aspects, and relations of everything with which it comes in contact.
- It tells why and how a knowledge of these higher forces makes all physical force sink into insignificance.
- It explains the nature of concentration, it tells something of the practice of concentration, tells something of the results of concentration.
- Tells how the mind may become a magnet, how it may irresistibly attract the conditions which it desires, it tells why it is necessary “to be” in order “to have”, it tells how to unfasten the prison bars of weakness, impotence, and self-belittlement and realize the joy of overcoming obstacles.
- It tells how the intuitive power is set in operation and how this inevitably leads to success.
- It tells of the differences between real power and the symbols of power, and why the symbols turn to ashes just as we overtake them.
Week Eighteen: The Law of Attraction
- This part tells of a change in the thought of men, a change which is silently transpiring in our midst and which is unparalleled in the history of the world.
- The fetters of tradition are being melted off from humanity and truth is rising full orbed before an astonished multitude.
- It tells how the individual is enabled to control every form of intelligence which has not yet reached this level of self-recognition.
- It tells when and how the creative power originates.
- It tells how the Universal produces the various combinations which result in the formation of phenomena.
- It explains the principle of attraction by which things are brought together, which is the sole means by which existence is carried into effect.
- It explains the real source of wealth of the individual.
- It explains the method by which attention and concentration may be developed and shows why the power of attention is the distinguishing characteristic of every man of ability.
Week Nineteen: Your Mental Food
- This part tells of the search for truth, which is another name for ultimate cause.
- If we can find the truth we shall have found the cause for every effect, and having found the cause we shall be in position to control the effect.
- It explains that all things are finally resolvable into one thing, and that as they are thus translatable they must ever be in relation and can never be in opposition to one another.
- It explains that a knowledge of this primary substance is power, it explains that a knowledge of cause and effect is power, that wealth is the offspring of power, that events and conditions are significant only as they affect power, and finally that all things represent certain forms and degrees of power.
- It tells of a certain form of power which can control every other power, why it is superior and how we may make use of this superior power.
Week Twenty: The Spirit of Things
- This part tells what the true business of life is and the result.
- It shows that we can obtain no results as long as we remain oblivious to the only power there is, an understanding of the principles, forces, methods, and combinations of mind and its relation to the Universal mind.
- It explains that the Universal can act only through the Individual, it shows that we are the channel for its activity, that it is within us, that it is – us.
- We can of course fail to recognize it and so exclude it from our consciousness, but it will nevertheless be the basic fact of all existence.
- It tells of inspiration, the art of adjusting the individual mind to that of the Universal, the art of becoming a channel for the flow of Infinite Wisdom.
Week Twenty-One: To Think Big Thoughts
- This part tells of the money consciousness and the power which sets the current in motion which produces the attractive force which opens the doors to the arteries of commerce.
- It tells how the current is stopped or completely reversed and turned away from us.
- It tells how money is woven into the outer fabric of our existence.
- Why it engages the best thought of the best minds.
- How we make money.
- How to recognize opportunity.
- How to make a money magnet of yourself.
- How to get the necessary insight to perceive and utilize opportunities.
- How to recognize values.
- It tells how to convert an idea into an income, how to make a direct connection with the Universal mind, how to secure practical results; in fact, it tells what the only really practical thing is.
Week Twenty-Two: Spiritual Seeds
- This part explains the cause of our present character, our present environment, our present ability, our present physical condition, and tells how we can make our future what we wish it to be.
- It explains how the vast panorama of Nature is being constantly changed by simply changing the rate of vibration.
- It tells how the rate of vibration is being constantly changed in our bodies, usually unconsciously and often with detrimental and disastrous results.
- It tells how we may do this consciously and thus bring about only harmonious and salutary conditions.
- It explains that the Law of Health is based on the law of vibration, and that with a proper knowledge of the law we may externalize health conditions.
- It explains the operation of this law and how it is being more generally understood and appreciated, and how many physicians are now giving the matter their earnest attention.
Week Twenty-Three: The Law of Success is Service
- This part explains how we may come into possession of power sufficient to meet every situation which may arise in life.
- It explains that the ability to eliminate imperfect conditions depends upon mental action.
- It explains that great ideas have a tendency to eliminate smaller ideas, so that it is well to hold ideas which are large enough to counteract and destroy all small or undesirable tendencies.
- This is one of the secrets of success, one of the accomplishments of the Master Mind.
- It explains that the creative energy finds no more difficulty in handling a large situation than a small one.
- It explains how conditions are produced in our lives by the predominant thoughts which we entertain.
- It explains how you may set causes in motion which will create an irresistible magnetic power which will bring the things you require to you.
- It explains the issue between the old regime and the new, it explains the crux of the social problem, it explains the true secret of health, wealth, and power.
Week Twenty-Four: Alchemy
- This part explains the entire theory and practices of every system of Metaphysics.
- It tells how to express harmony, how to express health, how to express abundance.
- It explains the nature of all conditions, and how they may be changed or removed.
- It explains how every difficulty, no matter what it is or where it is, can be removed or dissolved, and it explains the only way in which this is ever done or can be done.
- It also tells of a Master Key by which those who are wise enough to understand, broad enough to weigh the evidence, firm enough to follow their own judgement, and strong enough to make the sacrifice exacted may enter and partake.